Author Topic: Avast free home automatic updates Windows 7 domain  (Read 1344 times)

REDACTED

Avast free home automatic updates Windows 7 domain
« on: November 08, 2016, 04:51:52 PM »
Hello,

I have 9x Win7 64-bit workstations and 1x WinXP 32-bit workstation.
All are running the latest version of Avast anti-virus.
I've configured 'real-time' automatic updates of virus definitions and database.
The Win7 computers after a few days are behind on updates and I have to manually update them.
The WinXP computer on the other hand is always up-to-date.
All computers are in a Windows domain with a Win2008 SBS server in the middle.
I have no NAT configured for workstations and all HTTP traffic flows through a proxy server.
Proxy details were configured in the Avast application and proxy rules set up on the proxy for avast update URLs.
Can anyone shed some light or share their solution for this and/or similar scenario.
Thanks in advance.

Offline gatocan2066

Re: Avast free home automatic updates Windows 7 domain
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 06:08:43 PM »
If I know, I know the problem of normal VPS.

I already put in the forum in Spanish that the servers of the normal VPS (only those) are in bad condition (and they are still bad to this day)

When you update on a server, a message that says "File signature is not valid, the installation will be terminated." That's a bummer because I have to update by hand. It seems that detecting these bugs does not update normal VPS.

They only update streming well, but normal VPS does not.

I leave photos where you see what I say.

PS: Because no one responds in this same thing that I put in the Spanish forum ?, another thing this is translated with the Google Translator so sorry if the spelling is not like that very good lol.

Greetings to all.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast free home automatic updates Windows 7 domain
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 06:13:54 PM »
Andre, why aren't you using a business solution/product ?