Author Topic: Add all 4 AVG Zen categories to trey icon for fast direct access  (Read 4264 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Add all 4 AVG Zen categories to trey icon for fast direct access
« on: December 12, 2016, 09:20:54 PM »
It's really annoying that you have to go through stupid Zen panel every time you want to access AVG Antivirus. or for the users of other tools, going through Zen to reach those. Current trey icon right click only offers some basic stuff like scan, on/off toggle and that's it, but no direct access to antivirus panel itself. Why not add all 4 AVG Zen categories (Antivirus, PC Tuneup, HMA! PRO VPN! and Web Tuneup) from AVG Zen panel into the trey icon context menu for direct access? If you have no plans to remove the thing, at least make it easier to live with. Make it less annoying and more practical.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Add all 4 AVG Zen categories to trey icon for fast direct access
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 02:49:27 AM »
I second this, the Zen Panel (launcher?) is highly annoying.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline A. User

Re: Add all 4 AVG Zen categories to trey icon for fast direct access
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:40:59 AM »
In my opinion the context menu of Avast currently is far superior to the one of AVG. Options to stop shields, show last message and open quarantine are a must for novice users. Maybe when you right click the tray there will be a popup menu with 4 buttons, with Antivirus and the other functions being there. On hover of each one of these buttons, more options will show.