Author Topic: Automatic renewal of Avast Pro  (Read 1643 times)

REDACTED

Automatic renewal of Avast Pro
« on: December 14, 2016, 09:52:48 AM »
Hi,

I was running the trial version of pro which was due to expire on 10/12/16, I cancelled the automatic renewal some time ago and have the confirmation email confirming that was the case, however received a notification from Paypal to say payment for automatic renewel was taken on the 13/12/16.

The issue i have is i dont have access to the email address i registered account with as it was a works address and i left the company in November 2016.

I've tried to access it with the old compay address but am not sure of the password and didnt want to risk locking it out or something similar.

Is it possible someone could help me out, all i want is the payment refunded and continue using the free version.

any help appreciated.

thanks

Madeline

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Automatic renewal of Avast Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 09:57:57 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 10:09:25 AM »
Check your Paypal account and make sure auto-payment isn't set there.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 11:17:11 AM »
Yeah, i have and it is cancelled now, however surely cancelling the autorenewal on my avast account should have been suffice? :-\

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 11:26:24 AM »
No, it is not sufficient.

You can tell the publisher that you end the subscription on a magazine but if you have told your bank to pay automatically, only you can tell the bank to stop it.