Author Topic: Mobile Device Info Not Available via Avast Web Account  (Read 4153 times)

REDACTED

Mobile Device Info Not Available via Avast Web Account
« on: December 15, 2016, 09:25:04 PM »
"WE ARE SORRY, BUT DETAILED INFORMATION FOR DEVICE <Mobile Device Model> IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE."

Can this be resolved at my end?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Mobile Device Info Not Available via Avast Web Account
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 12:26:47 AM »
Make sure GPS is enabled.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 05:30:39 AM »
GPS has been active even before installation of Avast.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 09:46:51 AM »
Contact avast and have them take a look > https:/support.avast.com

A lot of people have this problem and it is going on for at least a year >:(

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 07:19:23 PM »
Unfortunately the error message "detailed information are not available" means that the device doesn't communicate properly with my.avast.com web portal. To resolve this issue I would recommend to uninstall all Avast Anti-Theft together with all other Avast applications, remove the device from my.avast.com account and then download Avast Anti-Theft again and try to connect it to your account once more.

If this doesn't help, then I can only suggest to backup all you important data and hard reset the device and then download Avast Anti-Theft app again.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 04:22:24 PM »
To resolve this issue I would recommend to uninstall all Avast Anti-Theft together with all other Avast applications, remove the device from my.avast.com account and then download Avast Anti-Theft again and try to connect it to your account once more.

This helped me, but only after I did additional step. Uninstall all avast apps -> do cleanup in your device with CCleaner including empty folders to remove any leftovers -> restart the device -> remove it from avast account -> reinstall avast apps you use -> antivirus, anti-theft, passwords.

First time some data was left in my device, so reinstall gave me nothing - even all settings were preserved. After the steps above I had to configure each app from scratch and it helped me with portal issues. Two weeks - still working perfectly.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 05:24:55 PM »
Thank you, guys. Appreciate your effort and attention you gave to my query. For, now I'm waiting for the reply from Avast support, as what Eddy suggested to me. Once again, Thanks so much!