Author Topic: Win32:Trojano-025 [Trj]  (Read 2762 times)

lerryn

Win32:Trojano-025 [Trj]
« on: February 22, 2006, 01:45:48 PM »
avast keeps finding the above trojan but wont let me do anything about it! I click move to chest and the warning pop up just keeps coming! i disabled system restore and ran avast ewido and spyblaster none of which found anything i rebooted and all was calm then suddenly after a couple of hours the siren goes off again and once again i cant move to chest or delete!

xp home edition /FF1.5.01

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: Win32:Trojano-025 [Trj]
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 02:21:23 PM »
Hi lerryn,

First try a boot time scan with avast! (Right click on the scanner screen and select 'schedule a boot time scan'- set the default action to move to chest if you have a cordless keyboard because it won't work during the scan.)

After that, download, install, update and scan with the following programs, preferably in safe mode (tap F8 while booting.)

Ewido. (You have this already.)

Ad-Aware http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html

Spybot Search & Destroy http://www.safer-networking.org/

Make a note of the filenames of any malware found because Trojano-025 doesn't tell us anything.

Also make sure you have a firewall up!

Good luck!
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Win32:Trojano-025 [Trj]
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 04:07:37 PM »
Windows in its infinite wisdom protects files in use (even malware), so it is likely that avast! can't delete or move files in use. So schedule boot-time scan in avast's menu (as Frank said). This should ensure that the file isn't in use and avast should be able to deal with it.

- What was the filename, where was it found
  example (C:\windows\system32\infected-filename.xxx)?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security