Author Topic: can not get in touch with customer service....for avast vpn  (Read 1261 times)

REDACTED

can not get in touch with customer service....for avast vpn
« on: January 15, 2017, 10:32:38 PM »
My wife went ahead and ordered the avast VPN one day and was going to try it for a month. Well not only did  the speed of the vpn degrade our performance speed but the computer we were using was a 15 plus year old box running XP. That wonderful machine that has been a friend for many years has been laid to rest (RIP). When we tried to get in touch with avast to cancel our trial VPN license we were connected with where ever the company is (I did look it up but forgot) the Baltic, Romanian, Bosnia ????? we were told to call this number xxxxxxxx and when we tried it was disconnected, we called back again and were transfered by the women with a eastern European accent to a new number that GUESS WHAT was disconnected. I have sent email's called every phone number I can find and was never able to get anyone who was helpful or were transfered to bogus phone numbers.   

We got so sick of this crap that we call the credit card co. and they have now launch an investigation and will most likely not only stop the reoccurring charges that we can not stop but will also most likely get all of our money back.

So what is the deal???? Being a CE/CS engineer and having dealt with customers in the past, I never left anyone hanging in cyberspace or gave anyone a bogus phone number that was disconnected.

Does anyone have a active phone number that I can access to solve this problem. The CC Co may have already taken care of this but I want to speak to a CS rep from avast -maybe an American this time- to get this issue solved once and for all.

I am shocked and disgusted as to the help I didn't receive.

Thank you
Bob and Karen