Author Topic: Charged for no subscription  (Read 1956 times)

Offline christyan

Charged for no subscription
« on: January 16, 2017, 07:18:52 PM »
Hi,

On 11th November 2016 I subscribed for 2 months trial with Avast and unsubscribed on 3rd December 2106 as I had purchased a new laptop with Anti-virus installed. However, it seems that I mistyped my email address thus receiving no confirmation or order ID from Avast.

Last week after the end of the trial period, Avast automatically charged me £39.99.

I have emailed them 4 times concerning this and unfortunately received only automated reply asking me for my full address which I have provided but to no avail.

Can somebody suggest how can I can get past the automated replies and get to real people? I am a customer after all (since they have charged me even if it is for nothing)!!!

Any help will be much appreciated.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Charged for no subscription
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 07:25:02 PM »

Offline christyan

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 08:39:55 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

When I click on the link "Forgot your order ID?", I am asked to "Please enter your email address and the last 5 digits of your credit card used in your Avast order to search for your Order ID" and presented with text box for email and another one for last 4 digits of the credit card.

Unfortunately I can't remember the email address I gave. Hence, when I enter the last 4 digits of the credit card and click on "find order", I am prompted to "Enter an valid value:" for email address (which of course I don't remember).

Any other solution?

Thanks.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 08:52:01 PM »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 09:01:27 PM »
OK you may have mistyped the email address, try giving the email that you were trying to type in. There may well be some common typos that can still be found, e.g. if the domain name is wrong but your email name is correct. They could try to search on the name and last 4 digits of the credit card number.

Whilst they may not have asked for it, if there is a text window available for other info, try to give the date and time (plus time zone), product you were purchasing, cost, etc. Any thing that you can think of that may help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security