Author Topic: AMS and Chrome Support disabled whenever I switch WIFI off  (Read 2156 times)

REDACTED

AMS and Chrome Support disabled whenever I switch WIFI off
« on: January 18, 2017, 06:54:18 PM »
Hello! As the thread title says, whenever I switch off my phone's WIFI, AMS and Chrome Support switch off. When I switch the phone WIFI back on I get notifications "Warning! Issues detected!" and "Surf Safely! Enable Web Protection for Chrome". I am then prompted to switch on AMS and Chrome Support manually.

I am using a Cubot Manito, Android 6.0. It has had malware issues before (self-installing apps, spam browser popups and ads on my phone), but none since 14th Jan, when a factory reset seemed to remove them completely. Obviously I am concerned about the possibility of malware being behind this, but I am really hoping that it's just one of Cubot's little quirks, a setting I've enabled or disabled by accident, or something to do with my version of Android. I've also got a Lenovo tablet that uses a lower version of Android, isn't a Cubot phone, and hasn't ever had malware, and I've never had this problem with it.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you very much!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: AMS and Chrome Support disabled whenever I switch WIFI off
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 07:22:10 PM »
There are many similar complaints about Cubot.
Ask them to fix things.