Author Topic: Anti-theft is triggered twice every time I reboot the phone?  (Read 3429 times)

REDACTED

Anti-theft is triggered twice every time I reboot the phone?
« on: February 03, 2017, 10:33:16 PM »
Every time I reboot my phone, anti-theft would be triggered twice. It would trigger right after the reboot and I'd have to enter the pin code. Then several seconds later when the OS and apps have pretty much finished booting up, it would trigger again, and I'd have to enter the pin code again.

I don't actually mind having to enter the code again, but the loud alarm yelling that my phone's been stolen or lost is very annoying. What if I have to reboot my phone in public? People would think I've stolen the phone.

I tried contacting Avast, but when they responded asking for a screenshot of the log file, my reply emails to them kept bouncing back with the following error message:

"Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to customer.care@avast.com because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again"

And then Avast would email me and tell me they're closing my ticket because I didn't respond.

So I have no idea what to do now, except try the forums and see if anyone can help me.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Anti-theft is triggered twice every time I reboot the phone?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 10:41:43 PM »
You should reply to the ticket.

But why rebooting the phone so much ?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 11:06:28 PM »
You should reply to the ticket.

But why rebooting the phone so much ?

There's no link in their automated email reply to the online  ticket, and I don't know how to find my existing ticket on the Avast website. I only found the submission form for a new ticket.

I reboot once a while when the phone's response feels a bit sluggish. Maybe once a month or more.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »
I just tried to open another ticket, and got a reply saying there's no record of my license:

https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/698714

I'm assuming it's because I submitted the ticket using my desktop computer and not my Android phone?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 11:26:47 PM »
You can see the ticket status through your avast account and can open it again when needed.

I reboot once a while when the phone's response feels a bit sluggish
Isn't cleaning up the rubbish helping ?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 11:35:46 PM »
You can see the ticket status through your avast account and can open it again when needed.

I reboot once a while when the phone's response feels a bit sluggish
Isn't cleaning up the rubbish helping ?

It seems unless you have a paid license, you're not entitled to support ticket service?

I do clean up my phone with Just Cleaner and also use Greenify, but sometimes something just bogs down the phone and I have no idea the cause, so I reboot. It's not often--maybe once a month or longer.

The main issue is the Avast Anti-Theft getting triggered when I reboot. That should not be happening.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 11:42:40 PM »
As you already have created a ticket about there is no need to create a new one.
Simply open the existing one again.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 11:57:45 PM »
As you already have created a ticket about there is no need to create a new one.
Simply open the existing one again.

But there are no tickets listed in my account at all. If there was, I wouldn't even be posting this in the forums. Neither of the two tickets are shown in my Avast account page. Like I said, I think the ticket support system is only available to those with paid licenses, and if those who don't have one try to submit tickets, there would be no record of it that you can see in your account info.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 12:01:53 AM »
In your first post you said to have created a ticket.
What is the ticket ID ?

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 12:06:52 AM »
In your first post you said to have created a ticket.
What is the ticket ID ?

The first ticket is 677885, and was submitted using my Android phone via Avast Anti-Theft app's support form.
The second is 698714, submitted through Avast's website.

Neither tickets are shown in my Avast account--it says there are not existing tickets.