Author Topic: Installation error  (Read 2070 times)

REDACTED

Installation error
« on: February 11, 2017, 05:17:47 PM »
Hi,

So, since the new version got released I've been trying to update my current istallation of Avast Free (.2280). Since I was unable to do so after multiple attempts, I decided to uninstall the product using avastclear.exe . Having done that and after thoroughly cleaning the system, I went on to download the new version (.2286). However, this failed too. I have attached the log provided by the installer in case that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Installation error
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 07:21:20 PM »
- Run avastclear again
- Download the offline installer and see if that will work as it should

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 08:59:08 PM »
Thank you, I didn't know there's an offline installer. It worked!

So, while the UI is nice and clean, I did encounter issues that have already been reported here (UI failing to load and being slow when it does).

Other than that, when I tried to change the product's language another error occured. I have attached the log. I think it has to do with an Avast server, the Avast 9 server maybe? Previously, the .2280 version also tried to download the new version from that server and failed to do so.

Furthermore, trying to update the virus definitions also led to an 'unknown error'. Again, it tried to download them from the Avast 9 server. Since I didn't get the option to create a log, I tried to take a screenshot using the Snipping tool. I wasn't able to do that since it behaved really weird with Avast's interface.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 09:11:18 PM »
At least we solved one problem :)

As for the others, they are known and are for avast to have a look at (and solved things).

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 07:19:04 AM »
I wanted to add new device with windows XP SP3 prof. Very old one. With Mozila 48 browser.
Neither online installer, nor offline start. Onlne says there is a mistake. and is closing. Offline doesn't want to start at all. No other antiviruses in this old computer.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 07:20:38 AM by michaelen »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 09:26:06 AM »
Michaelen, please start your own thread.