Author Topic: Cannot display log-data-results after scan.  (Read 4853 times)

REDACTED

Re: Cannot display log-data-results after scan.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 11:53:43 AM »
1. UNHIDE done.
2. i will name the reportfile Avastreportwinxp then. Where will it be saved....
its the report i am still seeing in scanhistory. only cant copy. maybe security reason.
Under report i see five reportfiles:
aswboot
behaviourshield
emailshield
filesystemshield
webshield
But my created reportfile not there....
no reportfile in programs-folder.
maybe i must search through administrators-account since avast was running there. but i can open all users. maybe its in the administrators folder.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 12:07:03 PM »
So my custom-named reportfile will be stored at the same location like those five? or are they completely something else?
here is what i created:
i want to read the scanhistory in my reportfile.
Those five reportfiles will be stored here in Winxp: none elsewhere
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\AVAST Software\Avast\report
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 12:12:14 PM by Michael1067 »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 02:20:38 PM »
I'm an avast user just like yourself, not an avast employee.

I can only make an assumption (given that you say it doesn't allow you insert a location) that the renamed report file would be stored in the default report location.

You mentioned you are using XP, if you can see the other scan reports then you should be able to see the other one.

Whilst I'm not on my XP system (win10 and avast 12.3.2280) I did run a test created a custom scan I didn't want to change settings of an existing scan. The custom scan I created can be seen in the UI Scan History and it is in the report folder. I can only assume that this general function acts in the same way on the latest version and with XP, as currently I can't test it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »
You were a bit quicker-Only thanks to login-problems all the time. winxp doesnt like login via FB....Or i have too strict cookie-restrictions. must delete them almost at every login.

YES YES YES it finally worked. I hope only in my long complete(all options checked) reportfile i can check again what scanhistory has found.
And i could also fine scantime... Was approx. 1h.
now I will run Malwarebytes. Beforehand I will deactivate Avast protection and Spybot liveprotection(or similar).

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 04:02:41 PM »
Good that you can finally see the results of your scan.

I'm now back on my XP system and was in the process of running the test I did (on win10 and 12.3.2280), which has just completed. As per my last test.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security