Author Topic: Razer chroma SDK uninstall marked as WIN32:DH-A1  (Read 9120 times)

REDACTED

Razer chroma SDK uninstall marked as WIN32:DH-A1
« on: February 23, 2017, 09:07:24 AM »
Since yesterday two files linked with uninstalling razer chroma SDK have been marked as high threat during some of my full virus scans, the weird bit is they have only been marked twice out of five scans. I first noticed it last night and thought it may be a false positive linked with the VBS: Malware gen issue. When I applied the virus definitions update this morning I did two full virus scans and everything came back clean both times, I thought it must have been a false positive and everything was okay after the update. However an hour or two ago I did another full scan and the same two files were marked again. When avast does autofix it gives and error indicating it can't find the files in question but I went to their locations and scanned them individually with both avast and Malwarebytes and neither found any threat (malwarebytes also found no issues in a full system scan). Now I'm full virus scanning again and so far no issues have been found. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Do I have an actual virus (if so how do i get rid of it if avast can't seem to find its roots) or is this just more false positives.
Thanks in advance

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Razer chroma SDK uninstall marked as WIN32:DH-A1
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:09:45 AM »
Please (re)search before posting.
There is already a thread about and it already is explained that it is very likely a false positive coming from AVG.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=197479.msg1370414#msg1370414

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:17:20 AM »
Sorry for doubling up I did see that post earlier but my real concern was with the fact that avast is only finding the issue intermittently, one scan says everything is fine the next flags the same two files. I thought that may indicate that the virus may be replicating itself I.e. the files are dealt with by avast and clean for a few hours them the virus re-infects them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:31:40 AM by Filtiarn »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 11:03:32 PM »
yep mine also picks up razer synapase as a win32:dh-a1

I don't really care as I hate the razer software and how they force users to log-into an account ot use it.

so I selected delte and said goodbye. but yes still a problem

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 04:49:29 PM »
My AVG updated and then did a scan and found the same issue.  Removed software without asking.