Author Topic: Error meanings  (Read 5804 times)

SherriBabee

Error meanings
« on: March 02, 2006, 05:05:51 PM »
Hello,

Is there a list of what some of these different 'Errors' mean/stand for?  I can't remember if this was from my last scan or from the log when I was reviewing it b4 I deleted it... I've been finding these on and off for months, just never got around to joining up and asking about it  ::)

Note:  Already found out from the forum what that "Decompression Bomb" is  ;D

Thank you,
Sherri

Scan of "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\enigmail-0.94.0-tb15-win32.xpi" area failed with 00000003 error (function avfilesScanReal failed).

AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of C:\WINDOWS\System32\tlntsvr.exe failed, 00000005.

Scan of "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\wengophone_win32_0.68.xpi" area failed with 00000003 error (function avfilesScanReal failed).

Scan of "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\EarthTime v1.5.1.zip" area failed with 00000003 error (function avfilesScanReal failed).

Scan of "C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Downloads\System Spec v1.98.exe" area failed with 00000003 error (function avfilesScanReal failed).

AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of C:\WINDOWS\System32\tlntsvr.exe failed, 00000005.

p.s.. my Webroot SpySweeper is not run 'Resident', only used for offline scans

SherriBabee

Re: Error meanings
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 02:12:27 AM »
I found it  ;D  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=5719.0  .. I'll just compair it to the ones I got now and if I have any questions i'll get back at ya's..

Sherri

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 01:07:20 PM »
error (00000005) == ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED, tlntsvr.exe (telnet component) was in use and avast! wasn't able to open the file for reading

error (00000003) == ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND, not sure what it was caused by...

SherriBabee

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 08:41:53 AM »
error (00000005) == ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED, tlntsvr.exe (telnet component) was in use and avast! wasn't able to open the file for reading

Hello PK
and thank you for the reply  ;D 

I was looking over the link with the meanings of those error's and actually that list isn't the same number sequencing as the errors I posted  ???  Is there a different list that I could refer to where you got those definations?

Oh and on that Telenet
I have that disabled in my "Services.msc" so I don't understand why that would mean it's in-use??  Gosh, now im really concerned   :o

Any advice?
Sincerely,
Sherri

Spiritsongs

"Services"
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 07:26:14 PM »
 :)  Hi SherriBabee :

To "configure" your "Services", I hope you read the info
      at www.tweakhound.com/xp/xptweaks/supertweaks6.htm

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 07:37:22 PM »

I was looking over the link with the meanings of those error's and actually that list isn't the same number sequencing as the errors I posted  ???  Is there a different list that I could refer to where you got those definations?

The difference in the errors, the ones you gave are windows errors and the link is for avast's internal program error numbers.

I use a little program that gives info on windows errors 'Error Messages for Windows' http://www.gregorybraun.com/MSWinErr.html, just input the error number if it is a windows one it will return the description
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

SherriBabee

Re: "Services"
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 05:54:54 PM »
:)  Hi SherriBabee :
To "configure" your "Services", I hope you read the info
at www.tweakhound.com/xp/xptweaks/supertweaks6.htm

Hi Spiritsongs,

Not familiar with that one, but I have a backup copy of BlackViper's that I use....

Thank you tho  ;D
Rgds,
Sherri

SherriBabee

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 06:02:22 PM »

1.  The difference in the errors, the ones you gave are windows errors and the link is for avast's internal program error numbers.

2.  I use a little program that gives info on windows errors 'Error Messages for Windows' http://www.gregorybraun.com/MSWinErr.html, just input the error number if it is a windows one it will return the description

Hi DavidR,
On no. 1., but those are errors I got from the Avast Log?  They post them as well?

2.  Tks, I seen that in one of Bob3160's posts are snagged it last week  ;D
Thank you tho...

Rgds
Sherri

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 06:31:34 PM »
They might well be in the avast log but that is just restating/reusing the error number given which is a windows one. This is effectively because it is using the windows file system to find and then access/scan the files.

I can't remember where/when I found the windows error utility but very handy.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Spiritsongs

"Services"
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 06:43:46 PM »
 :) Hi SherriBabee :

I was starting to use Black Viper's "Safe" settings until I
    ran across a post on another forum that talked about the
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service needing to be used
    to get Win Updates, which Black Viper says can "disable"' in
    the "Safe" category; also Black Viper recommends "disable"
    for "System Restore Service"; however, when I did this,
    then tried to run my Registry cleaner, it would not & got a
    "Message box" that my System Restore Service was
    disabled. Changed back to "Manual" & it ran.
    The tweakhound "guide" has more explanations than
    Black Viper's; where they disagree I choose .

SherriBabee

Re: "Services"
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 01:29:02 PM »
:) Hi SherriBabee :

I was starting to use Black Viper's "Safe" settings until I
    ran across a post on another forum that talked about the
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service needing to be used
    to get Win Updates, which Black Viper says can "disable"' in
    the "Safe" category; also Black Viper recommends "disable"
    for "System Restore Service"; however, when I did this,
    then tried to run my Registry cleaner, it would not & got a
    "Message box" that my System Restore Service was
    disabled. Changed back to "Manual" & it ran.
    The tweakhound "guide" has more explanations than
    Black Viper's; where they disagree I choose.

Tks Spiritsongs ... I know he has some that are questionable, but I have followed up in other forums as well and don't consider his 'tweaks' lets say, as 'God', moreso I use as a guide only... I found some programs I run tend to need services that I have shutdown, so those I put in manual and start on an 'as-need' basis...

But thanks for that link to TweakHound, i'll definately look it over more closely  :)

Rgds,
Sherri