Author Topic: Avast deleted Android Launcher  (Read 2184 times)

REDACTED

Avast deleted Android Launcher
« on: March 14, 2017, 07:45:40 AM »
Hi everyone,

I thought antivirus was a good thing, but it turns out I have to pay attention or it will break my phone.

Avast detected a harmful file, "Launcher". Clicking more information didn't yield anything useful, so I decided to thrust the program. Turns out I deleted Androids main menu launcher. I can still acces any programs I have open, but I can't access the menu or open any program that does not have a window running. I'm running Android 6.0 on a Blackview BV5000 (which is just what came with it, I didn't change or customize Android in any way).

Restoring to factory settings does not work. Boot menu (hold power and volume up) does not give option to hard reset, nor do any of the other options in there work.

I hope someone here has experience with a similar problem and can give me a hint or two.

Thanks in advance.

Offline hermansky

• Avast team
  • Product Manager - VPNs
Re: Avast deleted Android Launcher
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:03:11 AM »
Hello,
I just asked virus lab guys for investigation. They will take a look at it.. Please bear with us, we will let you know when we know more.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 10:03:25 AM »
Hello,
Android Launcher cannot be deleted by AVAST Antivirus as it is a system app. We don't have rights to do that even if we detect it.

We will need some more info to investigate:
    Detection name
    Name / Package Name of the file

If you can open the AMS there would be probably info in the detected log.
In any case you can install a new launcher from the web version of PlayStore.

Milos

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 11:52:31 AM »
Thank you both very much. It took some trying, as I'm not the tech savyest person, but that worked.

Great service on a problem Avast shouldn't be able to cause.

Consider the ticket closed.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 11:21:02 AM »
Same phone the antivirus notified me that launcher was infected and deleted it. But unlike the previous guy does not allow me to do anything i get the message app stopped. what shall i do any solutions?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:10:28 PM by marios orros »