Author Topic: internet connection timeout  (Read 7445 times)

snarky

Re: internet connection timeout
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 04:28:58 PM »
So when we see questions relating to internet timeouts we ask questions to identify the cause and not simply tell people to extent the timeout delay. One of those questions would invariably include do you use a P2P program and if the answer yes then we can see if they can't configure the listening ports.

But it's not a matter of the listening port; it's a matter of what port(s) Azureus is connecting to.  The problem seems to occur when Azureus connects to other peers who use common port designations.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: internet connection timeout
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 05:02:11 PM »
My wording may well be incorrect in calling it a listening port but rather a communication or data port. I don't use any p2p program, so I not totally familiar with the workings or terminology of the many different flavours out there.

However, the solution has been covered that will avoid the timeouts by ignoring those peers that use the email ports to communicate or exchange date. It is then up to the user to choose what they want to do, avoid peers using those ports, avoid the timeouts or have the process ignored by the internet mail provider and option that has also been covered previously.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security