Author Topic: Password required to turn on Chrome Support in Accessibility Setting  (Read 1958 times)

REDACTED

Hi,

I just upgraded my phone from a Galaxy Core Prime running Lollipop to a Galaxy J7 running Marshmallow. Consequently, I now have to turn on avast in the Accessibility setting to be protected in Chrome from malicious web sites. However, when I try to turn on this setting, I am prompted for a password. What password is required? My avast password has a special character, so I can't enter it in the numeric keypad that pops up. My Google account also has a special character, so I can't enter it in the numeric keypad.

Since I can't use either of these two passwords, do I have to uninstall the app and reinstall it and use a different, all numeric password than my avast account on my PC? Any guidance is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

mybuddy1998

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Password required to turn on Chrome Support in Accessibility Setting
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 06:54:12 PM »
Hi, could you please share a screenshot of the "lock-screen"? We are not able to tell from the description, but if we see the content of the screen, we should be able to find out.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 02:15:55 AM »
Hi Tereza,

Thank you so very much for your assistance. It turns out that there was a problem with my new phone which resulted in my having to do a factory reset. When I re-transferred all my data from my old phone, whatever was causing that message was cleared up, and I wasn't prompted for a password when I tried to turn on the Chrome protection setting.

All is well now.  :)

Again, many thanks for all of your help.

Best regards,

mybuddy1998

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 04:27:04 PM »
Hi again, nevermind, I am glad everything work fine again ;)