Author Topic: Youtube fullscreen problem  (Read 2766 times)

REDACTED

Youtube fullscreen problem
« on: March 22, 2017, 11:22:24 PM »
Oooops!!!

Just did something that is now preventing me from opening the fullscreen feature when watching vids on Youtube.  It was fine until I clicked no on something at the top of the screen that said something like 'remember preferences' or something.  Then the screen went back to normal size and I can't get fullscreen again.  Only installed this yesterday and clearly I don't know what I am doing! 

Any help would be appreciated!

Ta.

Offline Be Free!

• Unprofessional
  • Be free!
Re: Youtube fullscreen problem
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 12:43:48 AM »
In Safezone, the first time you open fullscreen on a webpage the browser will notify you of it and tell you how to get out, it then asks if you want to stay in full screen and it shows yes and no, I think you clicked no and it won't open into fullscreen right now, there is possibly a way to change this for the webpage but I don't know of it, Ive never really used safezone. Im sure someone will tell you, I just wanted to let you know what happened.

Yes, it's a pretty useless security feature added to the browser, seeing as it's hard nowadays to exploit full-screen through a browser, but still possible
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:48:06 AM by Be Free! »

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 11:32:24 AM »
Hi,

please go to Settings -> Websites, scroll down to FULLSCREEN section and remove the website from the list of blocked fullscreen websites

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 04:07:44 PM »
THANKS!   That has worked.  Now I can go back to watching 'The Whistler' by Jethro Tull in full screen - which is what I was doing when I pressed 'no' instead of 'yes'.

Thanks again!!!