Author Topic: Cancel Premier  (Read 1229 times)

REDACTED

Cancel Premier
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »
How do I get my premier service canceled? I signed up on Thursday, March 16 of this year (2017). Have had issues which Customer Service proved to be absolutely no help. Finally figured out how to resolve it myself. When I called Customer Service to inform them of the issue and let them know how I resolved it without their assistance, she (Rome) asked for access to my computer so she could look at the problem. I told her when I called my bank they informed me several of their customers who have Avast had this problem. Reluctantly I gave her access. She asked me to log into my bank account so she could see the error message. I explained AGAIN I was able to correct the issue. She started searching around in the Control Panel and locate a couple programs in Programs and Features she thought were suspicious files. Then she went into my Registry and found some residue Macafee folders that were left behind from previous uninstalls.   Then she offered to remove the automatic renewal on my account.

OK, I could tell right away I was hooked up to a foreigner. From the accent, it sounded like India. So I assume there was a language communication problem. I tried very hard again to explain I my intention was only to bring this issue to Avast's attention. She said they could repair the suspicious files she found and transferred me to her Supervisor, Lynn. Lynn started quoting me Technical Support fees of $159.90. Frustrated I told her I did not need any technical help. I told her I was capable of fixing things myself and all I wanted to do was make them aware of an Avast issue which prevents people from accessing their bank accounts. She then asked me to calm down and let her finish. I took a deep breath and said OK. THEN SHE SAID SHE COULD OFFER TO FIX THINGS FOR ME FOR AS LOW AS $49.90!!!!

So, I really want to get out of Avast. From my experience, the legitimacy of Avast is highly questionable. Can anyone tell me how to get it canceled?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Cancel Premier
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:38:36 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0