Author Topic: How not to run customer service.  (Read 1675 times)

REDACTED

How not to run customer service.
« on: March 29, 2017, 06:08:51 PM »
I have just received an email from Avast about winning my trust back. Some time ago I bought a premium product from Avast. Simply it didn't work. It would not run at all. Then their customer support was awful, I mean over two weeks to reply to an email. In the end I could get no response out of Avast, and had to launch a claim through Pay Pal to get my money back.

I don't know how Avast think they could possibly "Win my trust back". I would love to use their products, if they did what they claim they would. My experience is they don't. Then to add insult to injury they have the worst customer support I have experienced anywhere. It started out bad and petered out to non existent. After that what could Avast possibly do to win back my trust?

What is even worse you keep trying to install Google Chrome onto my machine. Sometimes without asking. Or you hide the opt out, so I miss it.

Now if Avast want to win my trust back they should come to me with an offer like "If you have a problem with our product we will respond to you within 1 hour, if we do not we will give you £10 an hour until we do WITH NO LIMIT". And, "If we con you into installing Google Chrome we will send out a technician within the hour who will remove ALL TRACE of Google Chrome from your machine, regardless of where in the world you are".

Those would be a start to possibly winning back my confidence. If Avast are not going to do these things then forget it, and forget my email, if Avast are not serious about winning back my trust then don't email me.

Of course all this need not be aired in public, but as Avast do not have a simple contact email available on their site, where else is there?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: How not to run customer service.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 06:22:58 PM »
Of course all this need not be aired in public, but as Avast do not have a simple contact email available on their site, where else is there?
They have a ticket system

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: How not to run customer service.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 11:03:51 AM »
Besides the ticket system, there is also this webboard if you want help.