Author Topic: Outgoing emails  (Read 3092 times)

avnguyen

Outgoing emails
« on: March 19, 2006, 01:05:48 AM »
Hi, I have got this problem for the last 2 days and no matter how hard I try, I can get rid of these even changing the firewall from sygate to zonealarm. It does not matter whether I chose yes or no, the result will still be more outgoing emails which said to be report about my laptop. Any help will be very appreciated. I also have spyware blaster and Ad Aware. Thanks in advance

CharleyO

Re: Outgoing emails
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 03:08:43 AM »

Welcome to the forums, avnguyen.    :)

First, there is very little information to go on ... what program/file/warnings/etc ... nor what OS your computer has. But, I am guessing you have some type of trojan that is sending out email.

For W2000 & XP, try using Ewido as it is very good with trojans.

For W95, 98, ME try using a-squared.

If this is not the problem, please post more information.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 04:00:42 AM »
avnguyen, the only things I could think now are the ones suggested by Charley (ewido, a-squared) and if you using Windows XP, scheduling a boot-time scanning:

Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning.
Select for scanning archives.
Boot.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 03:15:11 PM »
You mention Yes or No, so I assume that you are referring to a timeout warning ?
Can you please post the complete text of this or other warnings that you are getting or post a screenshot if that is easier.

This may reveal the program/file name that is responsible and you could put an explicit block on that file name.

Getting rid of Sygate could make your life easier as there is a localhost loopback issue with it (not to mention it no longer exists) where programs could get unrestricted outbound access without challenge if the are routed through a localhost proxy.

Get the program applicable to your OS as previously mentioned, links Ewido Security Suite If using winXP. or a-Squared free if using win98/ME. It may well be best having installed one to run it from safe mode.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

avnguyen

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 03:19:31 PM »
Thanks for all the instructions. It is true that all the problems(  time out warning, outgoing emails, etc,...) come from some sywares which I can get rid of by using Ewido. It is a big relief. Thanks

CharleyO

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 03:38:48 PM »

Glad to be of help, avnguyen.    :)

Please come back often, learn more, and maybe help others.    :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 03:51:26 PM »
No it isn't true that all timeout messages are as a result of malware, that is why we ask for information so we can identify why a timeout may have occurred. So your answer ("Can you please post the complete text of this or other warnings")would be welcome ;D in identifying the cause.

Ewido is a very useful tool in the multi level approach to protecting your system, no one tool will give complete protection.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security