Author Topic: I cannot watch BBCiplayer no more!  (Read 12436 times)

Offline edsonoliveira38

I cannot watch BBCiplayer no more!
« on: April 04, 2017, 03:03:38 PM »
Hey everyone, I am not able to watch BBCiplayer.
I don't live in UK, I live in Brazil, but I was watching with no problems using SecureLine.
Now a can't do it.

What is happening?

REDACTED

Re: I cannot watch BBCiplayer no more!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »
Same for me too. I think the BBC are having a clamp-down and if you read their T&Cs you'll see why: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/in_the_uk_message

Avast need to change their IP address of the endpoint in the UK or offer a rage to overcome this I think. I've  just started a new thread here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=200130.0
because I use Avast Secureline a lot and many websites are now blocking content.

I bought Secureline to protect my online privacy but what's the point if some of the sites I use all the time block content?

AVAST - a response to this please would be appreciated.

Thank you

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 07:36:04 PM »
I can't watch the bbc iplayer or channel 4 any more, I bought this VPN to watch uk television, what are avast going to do?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 08:52:39 PM »
avast is gonna do nothing as the VPN is working.

It is the BBC that are blocking things.
If you have a problem with that, take it up with the BBC.
They are the only ones who can change things.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 01:38:57 AM »
My VPN is not working, and the bbc is not the only thing that I cannot access

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 12:41:03 AM »
Secureline is working.

If you can't watch the BBC website and/or use their iplayer, you have to take it up with the BBC (and the owners of the other sites you can't reach/watch)
There really is nothing that avast can do about it.

It all has to do with copy-/broadcasting rights.
If the BBC has the rights to show something in the UK and they show it (let you watch it) outside the UK, they will have to pay $100.000's more for the rights.
Are you gonna give/pay them that ?

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 07:23:03 AM »
OK, but on the download page for Secureline, which is designed to get people to buy the product, it says that Secureline allows you to:

"Bypass geo-restrictions

Access media and services available only in specific countries."

I'm not taking a position on whether this is a good thing or not, but if it is advertised as providing a way to bypass geo-restritions and doesn't, then I think it is a legitimate question to ask.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 10:09:33 AM »
The BBC are taking extra steps to prevent people using the BBC iPlayer service unless you are a BBC License payer.

This would include beefing up geo-location function over and above just the IP. Even if you get past that you have to prove that you are a BBC license payer and you would also have to logon to connect to the BBC iPlayer service. I live in the UK, I'm a BBC license player but I have never use iPlayer.

So I believe it is only going to get harder to view iPlayer content and it won't matter if you are using SecureLine or other like service.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 07:57:24 AM »
I'm using pure VPN and there is no problem at all, but like DavidR said that BBC taking extra step, so you can't watch it for free. I know there is few websites where you can watch tv online ( every basic channels) for free.