Author Topic: My passwords won't sync right and i getting scared.  (Read 2801 times)

REDACTED

My passwords won't sync right and i getting scared.
« on: April 01, 2017, 10:59:25 PM »
Ok, i'll try to explain this as best as i can from what i know of.

I was playing some roblox for awhile and i was having some great fun in some obbys and stuff, until suddenly, my PC shut off. No warning.
I was in minor panic, but i assumed it was from overheating (i haven't cleaned my PC of dust in awhile). When i turned it on though, something i thought that would never happen in a million years, happened. My PC lost everything. It said the OS loader has failed. After many restarts i thought, " Maybe if i used a system image and restore?" Nope, nothing happened. I had my old Windows 10 64-bit pro disk and, after a long sigh and filling of regrets, i formatted my disks and installed it. After tinkering with my new OS i said, "I need my passwords from avast so i can log back in to my websites." When i got avast installed and went to my passwords, logged in to my google account to retrieve my passwords, at least 2/3's of my passwords were missing, or incorrect. I was MAD. "How?!" i was yelling. I thought that the passwords were stored in a safe place, like a encrypted server. So i got mad when my passwords weren't there. Was it not synced? Did i understand this wrong? It should have synced. The passwords were there for at least 4 months now with sync on, and i was always logged in before the crash. Keep in mind this is the exact same PC i was using before the mega crash. If avast has some way of getting these back for me, they will officially get the "Best Company" award made by me ;). Also, my regrets of not making a backup are getting very high now.

But seriously though, i need those passwords back desperately.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: My passwords won't sync right and i getting scared.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 06:39:12 PM »
avast doesn't have access to your passwords.

https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB92

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 10:44:38 PM »
So basically im screwed?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:34:31 PM »
Use the link in the email to get the passwords back.