Author Topic: Avast Premier Firewall problem with one web site  (Read 1700 times)

Offline john1005

Avast Premier Firewall problem with one web site
« on: April 09, 2017, 06:46:26 PM »
The Avast Premier Firewall interferes with FineArtAmerica.com causing time-out issues. This is the only site I find this issue with but it is critically important to me.

If I shut off the firewall, the site works fine (and faster). If I turn on the firewall, I get time-out issues where the site will not load.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Premier Firewall problem with one web site
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 07:39:13 PM »
Do you in firewall settings see something called  >>  Enable automatic port scan detection

Try turn that off

You can change this settings from:
Avast UI -> Protection -> Firewall -> Settings -> Advanced -> Uncheck "Enable automatic port scan detection"

Any change?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 07:44:11 PM by Pondus »

Offline john1005

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 07:49:37 PM »
After extensive testing that DOES work. Firewall is back up. THANK YOU. I never would have found that on my own. I shall post this solution on the FAA board as well for others with the same issue.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 07:54:21 PM »
After extensive testing that DOES work. Firewall is back up. THANK YOU. I never would have found that on my own. I shall post this solution on the FAA board as well for others with the same issue.

This is a bug that the Avast team are investigating and should be fixed in the next version.

If you can provide logs, please refer to this thread: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=199857.0
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 07:56:23 PM by Alikhan »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •