Author Topic: Ports to unblock?  (Read 4814 times)

REDACTED

Ports to unblock?
« on: April 11, 2017, 01:53:02 PM »
Apologies if this information is readily available already somewhere on Avast's website... Long story short our new Sonicwall is preventing devices on our network from communicating/reporting to the cloud console. I was wondering if anyone knew the specific ports that I should make sure are opened up on our Sonicwall to allow devices running the Avast for Business client to communicate with the cloud console. The only information I could find for ports to open were for web shield ports for Avast 2016. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also on a side note, has the virus definition update that caused Windows 7 32-bit profile loading issues been fixed yet?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Ports to unblock?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 01:56:24 PM »
The information should be on the Sonicwall's website.
Check/ask there.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 02:03:46 PM »
I've checked with them and now I'm waiting back to hear from their support. Just thought maybe someone in the Avast community knew what port their program communicates on. Thanks.  ;D

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 02:37:56 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 07:02:52 PM »
Wow. And I thought the League of Legends community was toxic. Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 11:21:55 PM »
I have to agree that Eddy is being a little trollish. The OP was not asking how to open ports on a Sonicwall. He was asking if anybody knew which ports Avast Business required for operation. Not an unreasonable request. This link might be helpful:
https://support.business.avast.com/hc/en-us/articles/205154325-What-ports-and-IP-addresses-do-my-clients-use-to-communicate-with-the-server-

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 02:27:42 PM »
I have to agree that Eddy is being a little trollish. The OP was not asking how to open ports on a Sonicwall. He was asking if anybody knew which ports Avast Business required for operation. Not an unreasonable request. This link might be helpful:
https://support.business.avast.com/hc/en-us/articles/205154325-What-ports-and-IP-addresses-do-my-clients-use-to-communicate-with-the-server-

Thank you very much. That's all I was looking for. Glad you understood what I was asking.  :)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 08:31:59 PM »
Joshua,

I have many clients on Sonicwalls without issue with Avast for Business.  Unless you have changed the default rule for LAN > WAN is to allow. You do not need any WAN>LAN rules as the client polls the console and the console makes no inbound connections.

I believe in the firewall rules section there is an option for a "Matrix" view then pick LAN > WAN and check the rule(s) shown.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this!

Cheers,
Mac
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Andrew382

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 08:01:36 AM »
I am also having this same problem. I need to know what ip and ports are required for the PC's to register themselves on the console.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 08:05:55 AM »
See reply #5