Author Topic: April Customer Satisfaction Survey with one Question only is misleading!  (Read 2940 times)

REDACTED

In general I am very pleased with FreeAvast and have it installed on all of my PCs, Smartphone and tablet.
Today I was prompted to participate in a survey which popped up in the lower right corner of my windows pc. As indicated above being quite happy with the software I decided to take part in it. However there was only a single question (how happy are you.... or would you recommend it) from 0 to 10.
That was it!
No chance to see more questions to give a more detailed feedback.
So clever marketing guys - you will now take the pretty positive results and create a new claim, but your customers never had the chance to provide any critical feedback! That is not representative at all, it is misleading and I am very, very disappointed about this cheating!!!

Acknowledging the free software version my criticism is that the pop-ups which try to urge us to upgrade and buy a non-free version occurs much too often!!

Anything else is fine, so why are you afraid of getting this kind of feedback as well?
I get the impression that you are not really interested in honest user feedback - which is a pity!

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
I only see those pop-ups maybe twice as day.
If they bother me (which they don't) I just close them.
FYI, they always happen at the exact moment of a regular vps update.
At least you know you have the latest virus definitions.  ;)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Popups - I don't see them that frequently, I believe that you get more of them in the early weeks/months of your use of avast. Or possibly if you do a clean install that could wipe any history.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Installed avast (free) about a week ago in a new VM.
Haven't seen a single pop-up the entire week.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
What components do you have installed ?
Some of them may be a taster/trial (read hook), if you are using your system for a use that these function may aid/protect then you are highly likely to get an ad/promotion for that.

If you have the SafeZone Browser installed, that may be a triggered by any on-line banking and may also have something to do with SecureLine VPN ads.

I do a custom install and only install the basics, it is worth trying the minimal install that drops a couple of shields that I think should be included (the mail shield and behaviour shield) also software updater. Pretty much everything else I leave as most of them I already have covered with other software.

I'm sure much of that I'm fairly sure results in less ad/promo popups.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
None of the paid stuff installed, safezone is installed tho. A few minutes ago I went to ebay and bam, a popup telling me I should use safezone so I am secure. Been using the computer all day and no popup so it's not a timer. I really wish they would let us disable this spam without having to purchase your way out of it.

It is your choice to use safezone or not, but the safezone browser is to the best of my knowledge free to use for online banking or internet purchasing (I have never used it). If you are going to use it fine, if not uninstall the safezone component.

The cost of many free products are ads, these at least only relate to other avast paid services. The ads for other avast products can be disabled in the paid versions of avast.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Haven't seen a single pop-up the entire week.
Haven't seen a single pop-up with V17 yet (and I'm using it since the first beta).
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0