Author Topic: Can't use Secureline  (Read 2596 times)

REDACTED

Can't use Secureline
« on: April 15, 2017, 10:17:18 AM »
Hi,

I have Premier and Secureline... well... I had Secureline.

Since updating, I no longer have access to Secureline, it is saying I need to pay for it again. Not giving me an option to re-insert a licence.

Can someone please let me know why this has happened, again, and how to fix it?

Pretty disappointed that this crap happens every time there is an update but if we can work together to fix this that would be great.

Thanks.

REDACTED

Re: Can't use Secureline
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 10:26:24 AM »
Never mind, fixed it myself.

If I could make a friendly suggestion though. There's no reason why one should have to re-activate licences after updating. The software IMO should be more intuitive.

Perhaps in future updates, we could ensure that settings and licences are as they were left before the update?

Just a thought.

Have a great weekend.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can't use Secureline
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 11:29:50 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to report back on how you resolved it.

I would agree that there should be a seamless integration of licenses you already have when a program update happens. Of course if this was a clean reinstall that may be somewhat different, as your my.avast.com account may still have the license assigned to the old program version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security