Author Topic: critical topics posted are removed by moderators? Why?  (Read 2780 times)

Offline jraju

• Poster
critical topics posted are removed by moderators? Why?
« on: April 19, 2017, 08:34:01 AM »
Hi, Why crtical posts are removed by the moderators is not known. Even this post may be moved. What is the use of forum, if their critical questions are not addressed and instead removed. Sorry.
 I have raised a valid query and it is removed.
                The moderator may have advised me to write to support instead. Just removing the posts would not seem to be convincing act.sorry

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: critical topics posted are removed by moderators? Why?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 08:44:05 AM »
I have raised a valid query and it is removed.
And the question was?

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 08:46:33 AM »
opic removed: pc shows no vulnerability , whereas laptop shows when using wifi inspector

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:50:35 AM »
Hi, I also do not know, whether free full member posts could be just removed without assigning any reasons therefor, if it contains critical issues that would help the avast to find the bugs. i do not harm anybody but just asking queries related to free product.
                                  One member craig has removed my question. Why ? i do not know. It contains a query with scan results included . Just removing posts containing some additional details will give users and moderators, and experts to look in to those matters. sorry if it hurts anybody
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:53:12 AM by jraju »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 09:49:57 AM »
Topics aren't removed just because they are critical, otherwise this one (edit https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=200897.0) would have bite the dust almost immediately.

This isn't the only post/topic that is critical, it is just a very recent one that came to mind.  I too have been critical of issues and when I encounter any I'm just as critical as anyone else.

Without knowing exactly what is was you posted how can anyone comment, it is like trying to prove a negative.

EDIT: here is just one very recent topic of yours (edit https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=200999.0), which could loosely be considered critical and that is still there.

EDIT2: my URLs seemed to have gone walk about.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:04:16 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 11:27:00 AM »
I remember having read that post and the advice to contact support was and still is correct.

No clue though where the post went.
To me it seems there was no reason to remove it.
Could be it was removed by accident when trying to remove/block spam or something like that.

You could see if you still have it in your browsers cache.
If so, you could easy post it again.

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 01:08:17 PM »
Hi, Eddy i have cleared the cache and so i could not access the browser pages. I will try google chrome my activity page and try to restore. But since the post with contents have been removed, i do not see the possibility of retrieving that. My question was to simply put it
               The same connections from the modem, having wifi, with wired network , ethernet card to the pc, and wifi to the laptop shows different results when scanned with wifi inspector. PC reported nil issue, but the laptop having vulnerabilities of dns hns hijack. It also gave the hijacked domain as vk.com and yandex.ru. I did not have anything in the laptop, and so i enclosed the Pr Screen of the both the results with a question, how this is happening. I also asked the forum , whether those are examples of .com or is it actuallyI could not see the logs / The thread was continuing and suddenly got removed.