Author Topic: Avast slows down YouTube  (Read 4072 times)

REDACTED

Avast slows down YouTube
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:25:59 PM »
Hello.

When I want to watch YouTube videos, buffering speed is really slow because of Avast. When I disable it, speed is back to normal. I've tried disabling HTTPS scanning and Intelligent stream scanning but that didn't help. I've tried reinstalling Avast completely using Avast Uninstall Utility and that didn't help either. It's weird because I have Avast installed on other PCs and they don't have this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what could cause the problem? Thanks.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast slows down YouTube
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:27:22 PM »

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:29:22 PM »
Which version of Avast?
Any other security software?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 09:31:40 PM »
Does this help?  >>  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=200890.0
I don't have firewall because I'm using Avast Free. I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that.
Which version of Avast?
I use latest version of Avast Free (17.3.2291 build 17.3.3443.0) and GlassWire. Malwarebytes is installed as well but not running in real-time or background.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:35:15 PM by Marko :D »

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 09:49:51 PM »
Does this help?  >>  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=200890.0
I don't have firewall because I'm using Avast Free. I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that.
Which version of Avast?
I use latest version of Avast Free (17.3.2291 build 17.3.3443.0) and GlassWire. Malwarebytes is installed as well but not running in real-time or background.

What happens if you disable GlassWire and watch the videos?

There isn't any issue with the Web Shield relating to streaming.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 09:52:23 PM »
Disabled Avast and GlassWire in the same time and speed is normal. Enabled GlassWire disabled Avast, slow speed. Enabled Avast, disabled GlassWire, slow speed.

I'm confused. Is there a conflict between those two?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:54:31 PM by Marko :D »

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 09:57:32 PM »
Disabled Avast and GlassWire in the same time and speed is normal. Enabled GlassWire disabled Avast, slow speed. Enabled Avast, disabled GlassWire, slow speed.

I'm not very familiar with GlassWire and I don't think many members of the community use it either.

PS: Are you sure it's not your internet playing up?

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 10:04:07 PM »

I'm not very familiar with GlassWire and I don't think many members of the community use it either.

PS: Are you sure it's not your internet playing up?
I'm sure that internet is not problem (fiber, 100/100) and on other PCs works fine.

I think I found solution as well. Apparently GlassWire is making problems so I have to uninstall it.

Thanks everyone!