Author Topic: Same modem connected to PC and laptop produce diff results in wifi inspector  (Read 1134 times)

Offline jraju

• Poster
Hi,
                 My thread , i could not reproduce. probably accidently removed. But the problem still persists.
               My simple query is Eventhough, the same modem is used to get internet access  for wired ethernet and wifi laptop connection, the source being the same,  the scan produce different results. On Pc, it shows no vulnerable and on laptop it shows vulnerable , as affected by dns hns hijack.
                     But before checking solutions at my end, i need to know this . If the source is the same, when pc is getting connected with LAN, and laptop with wifi,could there be difference in the device connections or route in accessing the internet. If the gateway or dns server is different in both the device, will it affect the scan results. Would you pl say , how to make correction of dns server at laptop, as i have strongly  protected the modem with 36 digit pw, which i lost due to hard disk failure.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
They are two different connections, so yes the scan results can be different too.

Offline jraju

• Poster
Hi, Eddy would you elaborate a little more. Eventhough , the connections are different, scan by pc , list laptop as one of the device in its scan. The laptop, if scanned by the same wifi inspector, lists all the things including the pc, if it is running and shows vulnerability. Hence my query