Author Topic: Need heep Removing Virus  (Read 11102 times)

simpsons99

Need heep Removing Virus
« on: April 07, 2006, 03:11:03 AM »
Hello   I'm new here .. But I have had Avast for years ..

I have AVAST 4.6 on this puter 

All of a suddan Tuesday afternoon i got a Virus when i was'nt online .....  Win32:Tojan-Ge

It's in my Virus chest now ..
it says it's in my docments and settings, and in avast

avast will not clean it or remove it .. I have deleted it from the chest and rebooted and scanned again it found it again ...

I really need help getting this off my puter ..

thanks for the help ....  anyone that can help please!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Need heep Removing Virus
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 04:00:05 AM »
I have deleted it from the chest and rebooted and scanned again it found it again ...
Can you schedule a boot-time scanning?
Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning
Select for scanning archives.
Boot.

Other option is scanning in SafeMode (repeatedly press F8 while booting): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315222

Other good thing is disable System Restore, boot, enable it again. If you find a virus keeps coming back after you delete it, it's most probably infected the System Restore folder, the best way to solve this is to disable System Restore, reboot your machine and then enable it again. After all, run a full avast! scanning. System Restore cannot be disabled on Windows 9x and it's not available in Windows 2k.

Enable/Disable System restore on Windows ME: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q264887
Enable/Disable System restore on Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;310405
The best things in life are free.

simpsons99

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 07:27:02 AM »
Hello

O.k. I did the Boot Scan..
It found  the 2 files    1 is in the Volume system Restore
Did'nt tell me where the other 1 was .. 

I clicked clean all and i got Error 42060

After i clicked send all too chest   I seen Delete all ..  I don'nt know if i should have Deleted them?

Spiritsongs

Trojan Detection & Removal
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 09:10:22 AM »
 :)  Hi Simpsons99 :

What you have is a "Trojan", not a "Virus"; the best FREE
      program for detecting & removing trojans, worms, etc is
     "Ewido" from www.ewido.net/en IF YOUR OS IS EITHER
      WIN 2000 OR WIN XP . If you have any other OS, I
      recommend "A-squared" from :
      www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free .

simpsons99

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 03:56:32 AM »
O.k. here's a little update ..   I went and  got the ewdio program   it only found cookies..   Did not find anything else ..

Then i went and turned off my system restore rebooted my puter .   then ran a Boot Scan it found nothing...    Well i look in my Virus Chest and there is the 4 Virus's

I'm at a complete loss now ...  I don'nt know where too turn from here ...  please help!

justin1278

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 04:04:41 AM »
If the viruses are in the chest then there is no problem keep them there, see how your system runs without them. Then after about 2 weeks make sure avast! is up to date and right click the virus and click scan. If the file is still detected as a virus then keep it for another week. If it is not then restore it. After another week make sure avast! is up to date and scan the virus again, this time if it is still detected as a virus delete it.

simpsons99

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 08:06:16 AM »
so Deleteing  it out of the chest does that remove it from my puter?    Seemed like it was not gone before..

CharleyO

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 11:13:37 PM »

What you have not told yet is the location of this file that contains the virus ... the complete file name and location ... " my docments and settings (what else?)"

If you still have system restore off, delete only the virus files list under catagory Infected files from the chest. Do not delete those files listed in catagory System files. After this, run a scan with avast again. If nothing is found and no virus files are listed in the chest, you can then enable system restore again.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 12:41:39 AM »
I don'nt know if i should have Deleted them?
No... it's not the safer option. Better is send all to Chest for further analysis.
The Chest is safe to keep the infected file. They can't harm your computer there.
After some time, to make sure the file is really infected (not a false positive) and that is not necessary to the proper computer behavior, then you can delete them from Chest.
But, listen what Charley posted... Not all files in Chest are infected...

simpsons99

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 07:36:04 AM »
Hello

O.k. here is where the Virus's are on my puter ..

A0015526.EXE System Volume Information Restore

2 in the same place        Fastmatchinstall.exe   Programs Files /Alwil software /Avast4

FastMatchinstall.exe   Documents and settings /My name /L

Please help thanks everyone!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 01:43:14 PM »
A0015526.EXE System Volume Information Restore
Disable system restore, reboot, scan and if clean enable system restore again.

Start > Control Panel > System > System restore > Disable
Click Apply
Enable it again
Click Ok

2 in the same place        Fastmatchinstall.exe   Programs Files /Alwil software /Avast4
FastMatchinstall.exe   Documents and settings /My name /L
Are these two in Chest?
Did you run a boot time scanning with avast?

simpsons99

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 05:35:13 PM »
Yes i did run a boot scan with avast   .. Last time i did it found nothing ...  But i went and looked at the chest and the 4 where still there ..   Do i let them out of the chest and then run the boot scan and Delete them?

CharleyO

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 06:56:56 PM »

Since your last boot scan found nothing ......

No, it is safe to leave them in the chest for as long as you want. Infected files in the chest can do no harm. Normally, we suggest leaving them in the chest for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks and your computer is running fine, re-scan them while in the chest ... right click each file and choose Scan. If these files are still showing infected, then delete them from the chest if you want and this will permanently delete them from your computer.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 08:07:48 PM »
But i went and looked at the chest and the 4 where still there ..   Do i let them out of the chest and then run the boot scan and Delete them?
It won't make any difference. Files into Chest are safe, protected, can't harm your system, can't go out of there, can't be scanned (by outside)...
Probably you're clean now  8)
It won't harm if you download, install, update and run www.ewido.net  8)

simpsons99

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 08:43:56 PM »
I have ran that program 3 times   and it has found at least 100 tracking Cookies ..   I know the Virus's are safe in the chest but for how long?   Should'nt i do everything i can too get them off my puter?

Is'nt that the point of having these programs ?