Author Topic: Scan on Shutdown  (Read 1885 times)

Offline badass

Scan on Shutdown
« on: June 29, 2017, 08:27:39 PM »
Is there any way to make the pc scan on shutdown automatically?

I need a simple solution for non techie people.  Right now am setting up a Scheduled Scan, but that doesn't work if they are not on the pc at the time.  So they are not scanning for long periods of time, and doing a Manual Scan is not going to work for them.

I cannot find a setting that allows for a Scan to happen if the Scheduled Scan is missed, is this correct?

What solution would be suggested for my situation?

I guess a Smart Scan could be suggested, but getting them to remember how to do the Full Scan would be impossible.

Thanks, badass
Dell 660S, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1, Intel Core i3 3240, 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Avast Free

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Scan on Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 10:31:31 PM »
No as it wouldn't make any sense.
If you shutdown a system the scan would also be aborted.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:54:41 PM »
     What solution would be suggested for my situation?
Do nothing. All antivirus have realtime protection, meaning evrything that goes on in the computer when it is on is monitored /scanned as it happen so no need to shedule scan. If something is detected then tell them to run a manual full scan
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:58:26 PM by Pondus »

Offline badass

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:55:49 PM »
I guess a Smart Scan is going to be the only alternative to the Scheduled Full Scan for the Non Techies.  I will just keep doing what I'm doing for now, if they miss the scans they miss them.  As Pondus says, there is Real Time Protection, so will advise or assist to Run the Full Scan if needed.

Thanks, badass!
Dell 660S, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1, Intel Core i3 3240, 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Avast Free

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 12:13:57 AM »
With a resident (on-access) scanner the need for on-demand scans is much depreciated. For the most part dormant/inert files are being scanned, the other active files are going to be scanned by the resident shields when they are activated.

This is further depreciated in that some of the actual scans are only available in the on-access scan function, Behaviour Shield, Cyber Capture, Hardened Mode and reputation services, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security