Author Topic: How do I prevent Avast from scanning a application which changes it's code?  (Read 1819 times)

REDACTED

So, I'm a hobbyist developer, and I'm creating a simple OpenGL application, however I'm having a sort of annoying issue where when I compile my software (after I have changed some part of the code), Avast scans it resulting in my software to run incorrectly (OpenGL fails to load the window properly I think), and after the scan is completed it force restarts the software.

This is really annoying since it adds at least 1 minute to every time I test run my application, even if I just change a single letter in my code.

Is there any way to make Avast not scan my application, even though it changes code constantly?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Set a exclusion for it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
What would happen if you were to do a right click scan on the changed file, before you actually ran it.

I'm wondering if it would be in the transient cache, so unless you receive a new VPS Update or restarted the system (when the transient cache is cleared).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

Set a exclusion for it.

I thought I already tried that but when I checked again I realized I added exclusions on the wrong project, lol.
Well, works now, Avast does no longer scan it. Thanks for the help!  :)