Author Topic: Removal Problem  (Read 9060 times)

BILL G

Re: Removal Problem
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 09:00:02 AM »
    I noticed after Uninstalling Avast, RegSeeker found 7 Keys & Spy-Bot Scan or CCleaner found 2 Keys.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Removal Problem
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 03:24:41 PM »
    I noticed after Uninstalling Avast, RegSeeker found 7 Keys & Spy-Bot Scan or CCleaner found 2 Keys.
The only way to see if these keys are 'created' by avast or are related to Central Security, last used documents and files, strings for searching, etc. if you post the entire key path and values.
Did you boot after uninstalling?
The best things in life are free.

iano39

Re:Removal Problem
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 01:03:56 AM »

I

In regedit, when you have navigated to the key, right click on the key and select permissions... select 'Everyone' and tick the 'Full Control' Allow and click ok.

You will now be able to delete that key as you have permission, a bit drawn out but it works.

HTH David

DOH - I was going to post that so that I looked really clever david and you got there first!! ;-))

I think controlset001 and so on are concerned with Last Known Good and can be ignored, to fade away over time.  It is only Current Control Set that will matter.

Can something like Crap Cleaner remove these as redundant entries?  Works for most situations. I've gone off cleaning the reg by hand nowadays.