Author Topic: Trivial things that bother me ... :D  (Read 4762 times)

nzMM

Trivial things that bother me ... :D
« on: April 17, 2006, 09:17:59 AM »
Well, im really happy to have avast! on linux for a number of reasons that i wont really go into.  And can i preface this with the fact that i am a linux newbie, albeit convert to the wonderful Ubuntu Dapper Drake.

Anyways three things (actually) bother me.

The first is the small font size:  I run all my gnome apps with size 8 which is great for gnome apps, but avast while it inherits the font size, its still a magnitude or two smaller than the rest of Desktop when fonts are concerned.

So thats the first:

The second is the notification i get each time i open avast!
It says something like
Code: [Select]
Delete stale lock file:'root'.avaststalelockfile-root (I think, its quite hard to make out with the small font size)  So why bother with notifying me, it doesnt give me any option other than 'OK', so may as well just automatically remove it right?

And lastly, avast! just needs to appear more gnome-like.  But i like its clean look so far and i hope that is preserved.

Keep up the good work on avast! linux.

Cheers
Matt
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:21:13 AM by nzMM »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Trivial things that bother me ... :D
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 03:37:13 PM »
The first is the small font size:  I run all my gnome apps with size 8 which is great for gnome apps, but avast while it inherits the font size, its still a magnitude or two smaller than the rest of Desktop when fonts are concerned.
Yeah, depending on the system configuration the font is small indeed. Otherwise, on Linux, the font sizes are very big for my Windows taste  8)

The second is the notification i get each time i open avast!
It says something like
Code: [Select]
Delete stale lock file:'root'.avaststalelockfile-root (I think, its quite hard to make out with the small font size)  So why bother with notifying me, it doesnt give me any option other than 'OK', so may as well just automatically remove it right?
Sometimes this occur just when you let open avast while shutdown... Indeed, needs a solution.

And lastly, avast! just needs to appear more gnome-like.  But i like its clean look so far and i hope that is preserved.
Well, on KDE it's not that bad  ;)
The best things in life are free.