Author Topic: Avast IDP.Generic  (Read 7207 times)

REDACTED

Avast IDP.Generic
« on: July 24, 2017, 04:14:56 PM »
Hi,

I restarted my PC and then Avast Behavior Shield was turned off. Then Java update popped up and I put it to install. Went to have lunch and came back to a message that Avast had blocked MSI78B1.TMP in C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER folder and Java had finished updating.

Why was Behavior Shield turned off after reboot and what was the installer that it blocked? Last thing I installed was M3DataRecovery to try to recover my SD Card with no success so I uninstalled it before the reboot.

Any help will be appreciated!

Regards,
Kerdo K.

Offline Dix Huit

Re: Avast IDP.Generic
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 07:01:46 PM »
The Behavior Shield turning off is a known problem which Avast will, we hope, fix.  :(
You could try to start it manually, or reboot (again).

MSI78B1.TMP would appear to be a temporary file used by the installer, and if you view it you might see something that would indicate what program it is related to.  It is possible that it was the Java update, and that it installed despite Avast blocking the file.  You could check the version of Java to make sure you really have the latest version.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 08:57:18 PM »
Thanks for you reply!

Before I left my PC there was a LZMA_EXE process in thr task manager with no extension - just filename. When googling it the first suggested search was something to do with java. So I think it was a Java installer problem.

Going to reply if I get more information!  ;)

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 02:28:20 AM »
Secunia is a good program for issues such as this:  http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/SVM-EVAL-Personal-Software-Inspector

Secunia is now Flexera. 

Recommended only for temporary use however, as in getting additional information you require.  You can keep or uninstall.
Windows 11 Home 23H2
Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Avast Premier Security version 24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.868)
UI version 1.0.814