Author Topic: Last release of AMS6 DAMAGES Sony Xperia Z1 [SOLVED]  (Read 2506 times)

Offline nelyok7

Last release of AMS6 DAMAGES Sony Xperia Z1 [SOLVED]
« on: August 06, 2017, 09:37:06 PM »
With the instalation of the last release of Avast Mobile Security, my Sony Xperia Z1 have been DAMAGED by the application. First of all I have to admit that my smartphone isn't in a good shape at all (it has 4 years old and it lacks performance and stability), but this issue didn't happen with any of other apps that I had installed. The mobile phone starts on, works for a few minutes then freezes and restarts. After five minutes it begins to loop, and I'm forced to disconnect its battery. I'm quite sure that it is caused by the Avast app because I hard-reset it TWICE and before the installation of AMS the mobile phone didn't freeze or loop. This is really serius, I must use the phone in Android's secure mode to uninstall the app and try to stabilize the OS.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I'd be grateful for the Sony Xperia Z1 users to comment if they are having the same issue in their devices currently.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:25:02 PM by nelyok7 »

REDACTED

Re: Last release of AMS6 DAMAGES Sony Xperia Z1
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 11:47:34 PM »
Are you comfortable with trying to get some log files from the device with ADB and USB debugging or re-flashing the factory ROM?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2452814

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 12:02:16 AM »
Hmm, it looks like the Avast app has a built in crash analyzer "crashlytics" that can be sent back to Avast that may help them determine the issue.
See this thread.. https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=202351.0

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 07:35:35 PM »
Hi, very strange indeed. First I need to ask: is any Avast software still installed on the device? If yes, please try to uninstall it in Safe Mode and let me know, if it helped. Thanks.

Offline nelyok7

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 09:11:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply, and no, I have uninstalled any Avast Software from the device. I have some technical numbers for the crash monitor, as I could capture the screen until the phone crashed and now it is working, but without antivirus.

Here they go for further processing by the Avast team if possible (please note that, as I said before, the app is not installed in the device anymore)...

GUID: 73ee9c33-dcca-426b-bc3e-afc4dc3c53af

Profile ID: FCD367435080C3A027320E7DC188EECEC0C257AB76219092F77CE529F9F44AD5E72FB1C732DC1C33

Partner ID: avast

VPS version: 170806-00

Var code: 501

I think the GUID is the only one needed but I forwarded more if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Offline nelyok7

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 09:16:14 PM »
Reply to sloshnmosh1:

I could try to install a new ROM (your idea is good) but I don't really think this could really help the device, as it isn't in a good shape and it can even cause a more serious damage. I just hope that the Avast team could help me with the GUID. Untill any solution, I just uninstalled the app and finished the beta testing program. Waiting for a new release...

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 03:28:16 PM »
Hi, sorry, but we didn't find any relevant record to your GUID. That means that your system probably collapsed before any data were sent to us. But if you send us more details (see below), we can try to reproduce the issue in our lab.

1. What phone/device you are using?
2. What Android version are you using?
3. What Kernel version are you using?

You can find all this info under your deviceĀ“s settings - About Phone (right at the bottom of the menu).

4. What version of Avast Mobile Security do you use on your device? (this info can be found under "Settings/About" in the Avast Mobile Security app)
5. Is your device rooted?
6. Are you running some custom ROM?
7. Are you using any other security solution in your mobile device?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Offline nelyok7

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 05:08:16 PM »
Sorry for the late reply (I went 3 weeks on holidays)...

Here is the technical info requested:

1. Sony Xperia Z1 (C6903)
2. Android Lollipop 5.1.1
3. 3.4.0-perf-gd26777b-00851-ga8b7b55
    BuildUser@BuildHost #1
    Thu Nov 19 10:33:19 2015
4. I used right the previous version to the 6.5.1 (6.5.1 I guess?) whem the issue appeared
5. I never rooted my device
6. I've always runned the Sony Official ROM provided with the device (compilation number 14.6.A.1.236 of the version I use)
7. I'm running AVG since the issue appeared while this problem is being resolved (I discovered that AMS and AVG MS teams colaborate, so it was a good option after all), but I never used two antivirus at the same time (it ussually ends up in a "lethal cocktail" that slows down the device and causes FPs)

As always, thanks for any help in advance

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 04:20:58 PM »
Hi, thanks for the details.
First I need to ask you about the new version (6.5.2) - does the problem persist even when you update to this one?

Offline nelyok7

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 08:23:59 PM »
It seems that the last release of AMS doesn't cause problems anymore. Thanks for the help given and for fixing the app in the last release.