Author Topic: If avast ip address were used to hack, how likely will avast give this info to p  (Read 4236 times)

REDACTED

On 23rd July 2017 an ip address that comes up with avast and privax when searching for ip location etc

This particular ip address comes up as Miami however they were using a vpn (privax)
This ip address accessed my dropbox account without my permission; this particular ip address was using a vpn (privax) which I understand is a parent company of hidemyass.

This person under this ip address was logged into my Dropbox account for 2 hours and had viewed explicit photos and videos of myself and my ex partner. We were in a long term committed relationship and this is a huge violation. This person has also viewed my driving license that has sensitive details on there.

Someone has also attempted hacks into my EBay, uber, PayPal etc and even a facebook account that I have had deactivated for well over 5 years. We believe it may be in England though the ip address comes up as miami. Someone in England also tried to purchase a 1 year cinema voucher  for £255.05 with my bank card online that did not go through.

Pictures of my ex partner naked pictures and videos were in the recently viewed files on my dropbox account when this particular ip address logged in when I received an email that someone from Miami on a Mac chrome logged into my account. I do not know this device or ip address.

I had Christmas photos holiday pictures work related documents as well as my driving license on the account but all they viewed was the explicit photos and videos and my driving license that has my full name dob and address.

It is illegal to download naked photos and videos of someone without their consent. This has been so upsetting for me. I am distraught.

How likely will avast give the police the relevant information with regards to the real ip address of this user?

I have no idea how hackers were able to hack and log into my dropbox but only attempts were made through uber account, ebay account , paypal account and there was even an attempt of a transaction on my bank card but no successful log in.

Thank you

Kind regards

Belle

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
How likely will avast give the police the relevant information with regards to the real ip address of this user?
See: https://www.avast.com/acceptable-use-policy
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Hi thank you for that.

Do you know if police contacted avast in the UK they could gice information to the police or would they have to go through the headquarters in Czech republic. The detective working on my case is hoping uk can respond but they don't know yet either. Not sure if anyone has info on any past cases or something they can share.

Thanks again

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
How do you expect us to know what the police did or not ?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
Hi thank you for that.
You're welcome. (For everything else, contact Avast...)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Hi

No I was asking for an opinion and/or if anyone knows how avast work with regards to police requests of info regarding ip address

Is there an avast email address as I cannot seem to find one.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
Is there an avast email address as I cannot seem to find one.
Follow the link in Reply #1, you'll find it there.