Author Topic: Avast Anti-Theft Problem!  (Read 5322 times)

REDACTED

Avast Anti-Theft Problem!
« on: September 11, 2017, 03:32:48 PM »
Hi, I was using Avast Anti -Theft for about 7 months and it was working fine! But when I tried to use it like I had my phone stolen with my friend, I realized that SMS Commands do not work! Is there a problem? I have a Xiaomi device!
Thank you for your time!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:34:36 PM by giormala »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast Anti-Theft Problem!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 03:00:48 PM »
Hi, our apologies, we released a fix for a totally different issue, but it causes an SMS command problem.
Everything has been fixed for the upcoming version 6.6.0, thanks for your patience.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 06:19:33 PM »
Hi, I have similar problem. I have been using avast anti-theft for several years and I didn't recognize that the old version of avast anti theft is no-longer supported and it is now integrated into avast mobile security. When I instaled anti-theft I typed six-digit password, in avast mobile security I have another four-digit pasword. Today I tried to change my SIMs and forgot on anti-theft, but my mobile didn't accepted avast security password and the second one wasn't possible to type. When I try to change password in app some google notificaton with error appears. The second way via net isn't possible, too. Because there is a message: "We are sorry, but detailed information for device GT-S7582 is currently not available." Using old SIMs again also doesn't help. Thanks

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 03:37:00 PM »
Hi Svoby, I am sending you a PM, please check your inbox.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 11:47:58 AM »
Hi, I have exactly the same problem as friend above described. What to do in this case?

When I put any numbers for the PIN it shows above a blue circle turning around all the time and is not stopping until I click "BACK" on my phone Samsung S5.

Could you let me know how to fix that?! I need my phone for work and I am stuck now ;(

Best regards,
Pawel

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 02:46:01 PM »
Hi pawcey, please check your forum inbox.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 05:14:07 PM »
I have exactly the same problem, ie I can't connect to my avast account from the application although I'm 100% sure I use the same user/password as on the web site from my PC. I understand from the previous answers that the solution may come into my forum inbox ?
Thx in advance

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 06:42:34 PM »
Yep, me too. I purchased Avast Pro and already have devices on it, but when I try to add a new device, by logging in on it - as instructed - I get a message saying authorisation failed. Exactly the same username and password work perfectly well when logging in from my p. c. I can get no reply from Avast on the 'phone. I emailed them 3 days ago and still have not had a response! NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »
familysmiff, please try following to solve the issue:

- uninstall the app
- turn the device off and back on (to reset background processes)
- re-install the app from Google play
- open the Avast Mobile Security app
- tap the "three-lines icon" in the upper left corner to bring the menu
- in the menu roll down and tap on "Avast Account"
- select exactly the same method for login you use on the page https://my.avast.com (Login with Google, Facebook, or E-mail)
- follow on-screen instructions to link the app to your My Avast Account

Please let me know if it helped.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 06:50:44 AM »
Tereza, I had the same problem attempting to log in to my account from the newest version of your product. I can log in to my Avast account from my web browser, but the app will not accept my username and password. I'm using LastPass, so there is *zero* possibility that I'm entering it wrong. I tried your listed steps and the error still persists.

Connection
Authorization failed. Sorry.

If I can't log in from the app it's useless to me and I'll have to go with another product. Sorry.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 03:04:02 PM »
Hi, try this then:

1) uninstall ALL Avast apps from your device (make sure you remove the Avast Antivirus from Device Administrators first)
2) check there is no "Avast" in your device Settings > Accounts
3) remove the device from the Avast My Account
4) only then install the Avast apps back and log them back in the My Account

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 08:03:07 PM »
Hello,

I have problem with logging in to the Avast Account in the Avast Mobile Security. When I try to login in with the same method, as in the browser version, the app shows information:

Connection
Authorization failed. Sorry.

Hi, try this then:

1) uninstall ALL Avast apps from your device (make sure you remove the Avast Antivirus from Device Administrators first)
2) check there is no "Avast" in your device Settings > Accounts
3) remove the device from the Avast My Account
4) only then install the Avast apps back and log them back in the My Account

I had tried this method, it didn't work for me. Any other solution?

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 02:14:29 PM »
Hi Vixerion, a colleague from Support will contact you directly.

Offline TDC311X

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 01:58:03 PM »
I also had the "Authorization Failed" message when trying to log in using the Android App. I found the above solution, uninstalling and turning phone off and on then using the exact login method you use when logging in on the website, to work perfectly. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:08:01 PM by TDC311X »