Author Topic: Feature Requests: Tools to manage the password list.  (Read 2673 times)

Offline hutchwit

Feature Requests: Tools to manage the password list.
« on: September 28, 2017, 11:25:59 PM »
1) "Export  Passwords" creates a .csv file with the accounts' Name, URL, Username, and Password but additional notes (PIN #'s, security questions, etc.) are not exported. It would be nice.
2) The  Privacy>Passwords window is hard to work with when one has 100+ passwords. It cannot be re-sized/enlarged and the “Tile” display format only allows a few accounts to be seen at a time. I would like to be able to group them in the manner of KeePass.
  I currently alphabetize them by renaming the accounts and organize them with the colored circles but some websites preempt my color choices with their corporate logos. Is there a way to override this?

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Feature Requests: Tools to manage the password list.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 10:19:23 PM »
Hello hutchwit,

thanks for your feedback. We are continuously improving our product. Sometimes visibly sometimes invisibly for our users. We have full export of the data on roadmap and hopefully we will implement it soon. I agree that our current export is quite limited.

According to view of password list. We are not planning significant changes in the way we show records at this moment. We know that if you have lot of passwords it is quite difficult manage them in UI but we don't think grouping as other managers offers it is the way. I'm just curious in your use case as our average users should not have need manage accounts in UI. Could you please post me (via private message if you don't want to do it publicly) why you need to do grouping and why you need update records in UI. That will help us understand better whats wrong with current UI for more advanced uses and it help us make better decisions when we plan UI updates.

Unfortunately there is no officially supported way how to give you option not fill icon for "known" service. There is a nasty hack for windows which can be used, but it will be unstable and is not definitely proper solution. We will consider this feature and implement it if we find it useful.