Author Topic: Desperately need HELP!!!!!!!  (Read 2278 times)

Breach

Desperately need HELP!!!!!!!
« on: May 03, 2006, 02:30:48 AM »
 Ok here goes. Yesterday i updated my Avast to the new addition and from the very get go i encountered problems. Not 1 but many. The 1st prob was with my Outlook express but i believe i have solved that thnx to some info off the forum. Then i ran into a problem with my Yahoo Messenger to where it no longer allows me to see the text im writing , after i hit enter, or what anyone else is writing to me.Ive went as far as checking in the Avast settings and even turning it off and removing it with no avail. I used to have Norton installed on the comp but i had removed it or atleast i thought i did. I learned that it was not fully deleted so i went into the registry and deleted all files from there and still that did not fix the problem. I have also ran into alot more problems aswell. I can neither access my system restore, my search, or even my help and support. Oh dont worry it gets better!!!!! I also noticed that when i had deleted Yahoo earlier and tryed to reinstall it i ran in to problems there aswell. I was having difficulty with my IE and it seemed to be running at half speed when i have a T1 connection. Not to mention half the time the pages wouldnt even display. After i finally made it to the Yahoo page so that i could redownload it wouldnt allow me to download it at all. I went to other sites to see if i had just lost the ability to download and i could get some but on others it would display the same problems. I did finally get Yahoo downloaded from another website but even when i try to log in it only lets me in half the time.( whew- takes a breath and hands out cold beers and aspirin for everyone reading this headache!) It seems the problem at 1st occured when i updated my Avast to the new version because before that the old one was running fine for about 2 weeks. I began to notice things wrong when i was doing a scan and tryed to check e-mail and it said it wasnt connected so i backed out of it and stopped the scan.from that point on its been nothing but trouble. I currently Do NOT have a firewall up and im running the Avast as well as Ad-aware. I plan on tightening up security but i need to get this figured out first cuz afterall theres just no point in getting a guard dog for an outhouse! As far as my OS goes im running Windows XP. This is my first post and i understand that ill most likely be banned from the site after this but any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Thanx for any input youll can provide.

Spiritsongs

Re: Desperately need HELP!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 07:09:37 AM »
 :)  NOTE : BREACH SOLVED HIS PROBLEM(S) BY HIS STARTING
                 ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT 4 HOURS LATER .

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Desperately need HELP!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 09:08:20 AM »
Spiritsongs ...

I do not think that the problems of Breach were solved by opening another thread in this forum (if only it was true that such magic worked).

I think Breach went through much stress before finding a solution that was then reported on a new forum thread.