Author Topic: Run Full Virus Scan stopped working (0% complete)  (Read 3577 times)

REDACTED

Re: Run Full Virus Scan stopped working (0% complete)
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 12:29:33 PM »
I got Avast to complete its Full Scan.

Thanks for the tip - the progress meter took seven hours to complete.

So I am satisfied now that it can do a full scan, in any event that I should need it.

It is disconcerting that it took an hour and a half to reach 1% - I dont remember it being like that before, but I am most please that it was able to accomplish the task.

It is so unusual that a progress meter would stay at 0% for so long, as it does actually look like it is not working at all. Thank the Forum for its help.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Run Full Virus Scan stopped working (0% complete)
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 02:14:36 PM »
I got Avast to complete its Full Scan.

Thanks for the tip - the progress meter took seven hours to complete.

So I am satisfied now that it can do a full scan, in any event that I should need it.

It is disconcerting that it took an hour and a half to reach 1% - I dont remember it being like that before, but I am most please that it was able to accomplish the task.

It is so unusual that a progress meter would stay at 0% for so long, as it does actually look like it is not working at all. Thank the Forum for its help.

In a future update (No ETA), some stats for the scans will be brought back to actually persuade the user that the scan is not stuck.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •