Other > Non-Avast security products

Noscript does not work in the new Firefox Quantum browser.

<< < (8/9) > >>

REDACTED:
tnx for the suggestion, ill try that in the near future. :D

polonus:
Another reason not to like new firefox browser: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/04/noscript-and-other-popular-firefox-add-ons-open-millions-to-new-attack/

Badly isolation creates the extensions reuse vulnerability!

polonus

Avast Eagle:
Hello im still using Firefox 56, was using NoScript + RequestPolicy + Ublock Origin in it.

What do you recommend me doing now? wait a bit more or try using Quantum with new NoScript? though there is no RequestPolicy in it :(

polonus:
There is now RequestPolicy Light. But the newer extensions, also NoScript, have been hampered by coppying of the Chrome extension model, that leaves developers less access to the browser (apparently here Google's kernel business dictates) and
there is really no alternative, well there is Brave (with inbuilt protection).

polonus

Avast Eagle:

--- Quote from: polonus on January 02, 2018, 07:25:01 PM ---There is now RequestPolicy Light. But the newer extensions, also NoScript, have been hampered by coppying of the Chrome extension model, that leaves developers less access to the browser (apparently here Google's kernel business dictates) and
there is really no alternative, well there is Brave (with inbuilt protection).

polonus

--- End quote ---
Hum i see, for now will keep using version 56 then
wonder how long should i use this browser though... since it will be outdated/abandoned eventually
so will keep checking the news here and what to do in the future...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version