Author Topic: Security scan suspicious slow upto 39% then straight to 100%  (Read 1444 times)

REDACTED

Security scan suspicious slow upto 39% then straight to 100%
« on: December 18, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »
I know I have something on my phone it gets very hot when not in use, noises on calls, calls drop, high data usage always under deleted apps, very slow sluggish, fake URLs dates always years ago with results. Why does avast not pick anything up? I am seeing major issues across the home network. Yet no anti virus returns anything. Are they useless?

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Security scan suspicious slow upto 39% then straight to 100%
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 11:46:22 PM »
This actually depends a lot on the type of the issue. Could you please perform following test, if the ""behavior"" of your mobile phone changes? Please boot your phone to safe mode like this:

- turn the device off
- turn the device back on and hold volume down button for the time of the booting
- your device should boot up in Safe Mode - you can recognize this by watermark saying ""Safe Mode"" in the bottom left corner of your phones display
- now please check thoroughly if the problem will re-appear
- turn your phone off and back on to boot it in standard mode

Important - in safe mode no third party (aka installed) apps may run, so please do not be afraid if you will not be able to run some of your apps, it is utterly normal. Please let me know if the problem with overheating, etc., appeared while the device was in safe mode.