Author Topic: Avast Passwords / IMPORTANT Suggestion about Authentication methods  (Read 2529 times)

REDACTED

IN AVAST PASSWORDS, PLEASE ADD THE OPTION TO AUTHENTICATE USING MASTER PASSWORD & TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION (Google Authenticator, SMS, etc.).
Please let the administrators of the forum read this, I think that I am not the only guy that wants this.
I will be waiting your response.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Avast Passwords / IMPORTANT Suggestion about Authentication methods
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:06:27 AM »
Hello, we will consider your request while we design options for stand alone Windows version.
However during our usability tests we have figured out that master password requirement alone is biggest obstacle for our users so we have took actions to get rid even that off (on Windows and until required for synchronization for instance, user of course can set it if he wants).
We are still considering options for geeks and "paranoia" users, but they will never come default and not as trade off for usability. I can imagine more complex settings with respect to locking and unlocking the app on Windows something similar we have on Mac version, but this is not a priority at the moment so I can't promise anything to be changed on Windows soon.

REDACTED

Re: Avast Passwords / IMPORTANT Suggestion about Authentication methods
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 04:50:14 AM »
Hello, we will consider your request while we design options for stand alone Windows version.
However during our usability tests we have figured out that master password requirement alone is biggest obstacle for our users so we have took actions to get rid even that off (on Windows and until required for synchronization for instance, user of course can set it if he wants).
We are still considering options for geeks and "paranoia" users, but they will never come default and not as trade off for usability. I can imagine more complex settings with respect to locking and unlocking the app on Windows something similar we have on Mac version, but this is not a priority at the moment so I can't promise anything to be changed on Windows soon.

Ok, thanks, I am also thinking in adding very strong encryption to the password vault (PBKDF2 SHA-256 and only end-to-end encryption)