Author Topic: Avast put a file into the Virus chest, and now I can't remove it  (Read 1293 times)

REDACTED

Avast put a file into the Virus chest, and now I can't remove it
« on: December 24, 2017, 02:28:58 AM »
So I was playing the free to play game Barotrauma, mid way through the game closed and Avast! said it put the game's main .exe in the Virus Chest, I knew this was a false positive so I told Avast! to restore it and it said "Whoops, error occurred" followed by "Some of the files successfully restored", and nothing happened. I tried to play the game again but running the .exe did nothing, so I re-downloaded the game's zip and extracted it to my desktop after deleting the old one.

The game still didn't work, so I said "to heck with it" and tried to delete the folder again, but I can't. It keeps saying I need Admin permissions to delete the file, I am admin and I give it permissions via clicking the "Continue" button with the Admin shield next to it, and all that happens is the same window appears sans the "Continue" button, and an infinite loop of pressing the "Try Again" button to no avail.

What is going on and how can I delete this file? Is Avast locking me out of deleting it or what? If so how can I tell Avast to let me delete it since telling it via the Virus Chest does nothing.