Author Topic: Avast app overloading CPU on Samsung Galaxy S8  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Arielphf

Avast app overloading CPU on Samsung Galaxy S8
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:05:41 AM »
I tried asking tech support this question, but they never responded so I am going to try the forum.

My Galaxy S8 keeps popping up with an error message that there is an app that is overloading the system (CPU) and it would like to shut it off.  Below this message it says 'Avast Mobile security' next to a percentage that has been climbing from 9% to the last time it came up it said 13.6%.  I don't want to take the security off my phone, but it doesn't give me any other options.  I am a pro user, so I would hope something I paid for can work on my not exactly obscure brand/model of phone.  Can someone help me?

Offline Anthony297

Re: Avast app overloading CPU on Samsung Galaxy S8
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 05:34:19 PM »
I had the very same problem with my S8 on Verizon. I was a little frustrated as it seemed when looking online a few weeks ago no one else was experiencing my issue. Now it seems to be popping up more and more.

Had to uninstall avast for now. Hoping they push a hotfix / update soon.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 07:02:43 PM »
I am a Galaxy Note 8 user on Verizon and am getting the same issue.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 07:27:14 PM »
Hi, what version are you using? We have been struggling with a battery drain bug since version 6.8.3, we are working on a fix for 6.10.0.

You can help us by installing the current 6.9.2 version (currently rolled out to 5% of users, if it is not available to you yet, you can install Beta, more on goo.gl/r8UPdZ) and generate a bug report file (step-by-step on goo.gl/ow1dUi) and send it to me (you can get my e-mail address by clicking on my name in this forum). We would really appreciate your help, thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 04:05:31 AM »
I am experiencing the same issue on AT&T with version 6.8.3 on my Note8.  So this is not just a Verizon thing, AT&T customers are also seeing it.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »
Hi, the same as above - please install 6.9.2 (staged roll out on 50% by now) or Beta and send me the bug report file - we need more information to be able to find out what the problem is. Thanks!