Author Topic: Refreshing scan results takes 30+secs for "running built-in apps"  (Read 7908 times)

REDACTED

To find 8 running build-in apps, out of which 4 can be stopped?
How much CPU/battery got burned in those 30 seconds? Probably more than the running apps would have burned in more than an hour - with that, it seems like pointless functionality defeating the purpose..

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
Re: Refreshing scan results takes 30+secs for "running built-in apps"
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:20:41 PM »
hi, your logic does not count with fact, that those stopped apps can keep being stopped for many hours/days. I am also not that sure about the statement that 30sec of search for running apps consumes more battery than it saves by stopping apps. How did you count it please?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 03:19:38 PM »
The Battery Management - app power monitor, im my Samsung Galaxy S7 told me, that neither of them used more than 0.05% battery capacity per hour (plenty of them simply showing 0%). While I presume, that if your scan takes up to a minute to execute (typical for me, if I even bother to wait and look at how slow the progress meter is running), it is not performing idle cycles out of all the "fun", to rob me of my time, but that it is actually actively using the CPU and storage/memory, for the whole duration of the scan, thus burning lots of battery in the process.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:22:37 PM by jk00079 »

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 05:27:52 PM »
Not sure how precise is information provided by Samsung device. I am using the same device and it shows often a very small % of consumption even about apps i was using quite a lot. However if you do not believe that this feature is helpful for you, please do not use it.