Author Topic: Credit card autofill problem  (Read 4138 times)

REDACTED

Credit card autofill problem
« on: January 04, 2018, 06:55:39 AM »
The two times I've used autofill for my credit card info it incorrectly filled my expiration month. It fills in one month ahead.

I'm not sure if this is isolated to the beta version or not. Has anyone else seen this?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Credit card autofill problem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:36:26 AM »
I'm not sure if this is isolated to the beta version or not.
There's no beta version, atm.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 09:09:49 AM »
I've seen something similar with chrome cc autofill recently, do you know payment gateway or web page it happened to you so we can test it and figure out what's wrong?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 07:54:28 PM »
It seems to be any site in chrome, but I've tried adding cards on Amazon and Paypal to test it. I think the browser extension is just porting it incorrectly, always a month ahead.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 11:22:26 AM »
I can't replicate the issue.
Are you sure the details shown in the application are correct?
If so could you please send me more info
How did you entered your credit card in? Have you captured the card by extension or you have entered it manually? On which device type?
Can you share expiration date on your card? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to expose this info here on forum.
Thx.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 07:57:09 PM »
We have found the issue and we are working on fix. Should be delivered as part of Avast 18.1 update. We will consider update for current public version (17.9).

Thanks for the report.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 11:00:50 PM »
Thank you for looking into this!

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 05:38:41 AM »
Just so you know you're not alone, I came here to report the exact same issue. Using Chrome, APW adds one month to the expiry date on my credit cards. At first I thought it was my error and went into PW to edit my card details. When I saw that they were correct I tried a little experiment and went to the card section of a site I but from frequently and tried adding each of my cards using APW. Each instance added one month to the expiry date.

As I see you have already raised the issue and a problem has been identified with a resolution in play there's nothing else for me to do except to say "me too".

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 07:44:18 AM »
We have prepared micro update also for 17.9 version but it got stuck in our release process. I will push our release engineering to get that released ASAP. Will let you know how it goes.
If you you are facing this issue and you don't have 17.9 version update yet I strongly encourage you to do update you avast installation so you get that fix once we release it.
If you don't want to wait or you don't want to update there is dirty way of fixing this temporarily. Just set expiration on your card one month back (You can do this in Avast program in Passwords section). Once you get the fix we will start autofilling correctly what you have set, so wrongly for your case and for you it is indication you can set it back to original expiration date.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 09:41:56 PM »
Nice one. Thank you.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 12:53:34 AM »
Micro update fixing this issue on 17.9 has been released couple hours ago. You should get it in upcoming hours/days. Unfortunately there is no simple way how to figure out you have received it or not, the indication you have that fix applied is that expiry date will be autofilled as it is set on the record while previously it was wrongly autofilled.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:01:57 AM by Martin Kvetko »