Author Topic: Record keeping  (Read 2363 times)

REDACTED

Record keeping
« on: January 06, 2018, 08:05:16 PM »
I understand all tracks are automatically erased and multiple people on one IP address to help obfuscate the actual person on that IP at that time.  What type of records are kept about my user name being logged into your IP?  Time of login, how long on that IP, records that show I was definitely on that IP at time in question as you have my credit card information, so any request easily links me to that IP at any given time.

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
Re: Record keeping
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 08:50:09 PM »
From: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/63/ (Connection -> Does SecureLine VPN log user information?)

"SecureLine VPN stores connection logs, which includes information such as the time you connect and disconnect, the duration of the connection, and bandwidth usage. This information is used for diagnostic purposes and to help prevent abuse of the VPN connection.

We do not log activity such as the websites you visit, what data is transferred, and which IP addresses are accessed."
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

REDACTED

Re: Record keeping
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 05:24:29 AM »
This is sad.  Why can they keep no logs like cyberghost?  Cops bring a warrant in and your serving your customers on a silver platter!  Can I request my logs be wiped after every disconnect and no log of what ip I was ever assigned at disconnection?