Author Topic: Extension in Chrome stopped working, doesn't even install in Firefox  (Read 3592 times)

REDACTED

Avast password extension stopped working in Chrome and doesn't autofill passwords anymore, it doesn't even install in Firefox.

The extension icon of avast password sometimes appear to be greyed-out (it says passwords is not activated, though it is installed and enabled in Chrome extension manager) and sometimes it is orange with "!" mark saying that there is a problem of communication with browser. Repairing avast didn't work. How to solve this problem?

Thx

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Extension in Chrome stopped working, doesn't even install in Firefox
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 06:44:49 AM »
Hello,
You have to go to Avast settings -> Tab Passwords. In browser integration section click on reinstall extension link for selected browser. It will open tab in selected browser. If you already have the extension installed in the browser then your extension should get activated automatically, otherwise you can install the extension from the page we have opened in your browser.

Offline Greg4b18

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 01:46:45 AM »
Same problem and the response confuses me.

Until yesterday everything was fine. Now the extension in Chrome is grey instead of orange. When I click on it it says "the extension is not activated" I tried reinstalling the extension, but that didn't help.

When I go to the Avast interface and click on Privacy--->Passwords I get a list of all of the websites that I have passwords saved for.

I have no idea where to find "browser integration" to activate the extension.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 02:02:23 PM »
You have to go to Avast Settings
In settings there is section Passwords and within that there is Browser integration section

See the attachment
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:04:12 PM by Martin Kvetko »